If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Name Recognition #1

We are working on name recognition with the 2.5 year olds.  I made their first letter from WordArt and let the kids stamp them with the Bingo Daubers.
Then while they were drying we sang the Good Morning Song and when their name was called they had to stand up and spin around and then sit again so we could get to the next person.  They loved this.  Then I cut them out and glued them on black paper and then it was time for the game.
We had to see who's letter matched the picture...does K match B? No?  Who's name starts with K?  Keegan right!  Lets keep going...Does N match B? You get the idea.  They loved this game too.

Words to Good Morning Song
Good Morning to you, Good morning to you.
Good Morning to _____________ Good Morning to you!
Next kid.

My goal for today was to make sure that all of the kids knew the first letter of their name.

2 comments:

  1. I totally did that with the girl I babysit! Before I even saw your blog! She's three and still says "D" for the "F" sound, so I think I have my work cut out for me... but, we'll keep at it.

    p.s. I'm excited to use your blog for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alli adn Nick loved their first day and can't wait to go back tomorrow. This was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected