If you have tried anything on this site please leave a comment and let me know.

The more I hear from you the better! I love hearing how these activities are working in your home/daycare or nursery!
I get lots of emails about what you are doing, just leave a comment so everyone can read it too!


Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Paint Chip Matching

This is two activites in one!
It helps small motor skills with the clothes pins, and helps with color development!
What you need: A handful of paint chips (these are free normally), I did 10 sets...you need 2 of each chip. Scissors, Clothes Pins, Glue and a Container (not pictured)

Cut the paint chips to desired size. and glue on the end of the clothes pin. I did 2 clothes pins per paint chip. I picked different ones each time.
For example...#1 Dark and #3 Medium on the yellow chip.
#2 Dark and #3 Medium on the pink chip.
This made it a little harder for when they are older.
My 20 month old daughter is not as good at pinching the clothes pin so I had her just match them up and I put them on the chip for her, after she insisted on doing it herself like 6 times.
After watching my son do this so quickly, it gave me an idea for harder way to do this you know more advanced. :) Store it in a pencil box and you now have a nice quiet game for any day.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea Val! I will be visiting the paint section of Lowe's next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this game last week. SO easy and fun to do. It even intrigued my older kids. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

this content is copyrighted NO RIGHT CLICK!

..

Protected by CopyrightSpot MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected